The farm is every kid’s dream. The house is cosy – warmed by mom’s cooking and pop’s burning wood fire. The hills are a safe place to play, to explore, to create new stories and live their dreams to the full. They are never happier than with muddy boots, feeding the animals and the wind tousling their hair. Freedom. Of course there were the chores, but that’s how they got to feel important and know they are needed. There was time for work and time for play, a perfect balance.
At Hillview Farmstay, we aim for our guests to experience the dream of living the farm experience. Our aim is to provide:
- Families a place where children can freely interact with farm animals and immerse in the beautiful rural Australia.
- Extended family and friends a central place to catch-up, create beautiful memories and venue to celebrate special occasions
- Travellers a better alternative to rest and break-up trip, with Hillview Farmstay’s convenient location along Hume Highway, expansive space, beautiful views and numerous hands-on activities.
Here are the Hillview Farmstay advantages:
- Ideal location: Strategically located along the Hume Highway between Sydney and Melbourne making it a perfect spot to rest after a long drive.
- Luxury accommodation: Luxury self-contained cottages and Glamping Safari Tent ranging from 1 to 4 bedrooms, each with its own BBQ and kitchen facilities.
- Space and land: Beautiful landscape – your backyard is about 1000 acres of rolling hills and natural bush land which you can explore. Definitely a better alternative than a hotel.
- Animal and farm activities: Numerous activities make it the perfect getaway and they include
- Buggy ride and animal feeding (cows, chickens, alpacas, miniature horse, sheep and goat)
- Watch the animal mustering (we produce prime beef for the local market)
- Ride the buggy and see our resident kangaroos during sunset
- Play tennis (night lights available)
- Play billards in our Shearing Shed (common area and games room)
- Walk or run on the tracks
- Explore our gardens and pick fresh fruits for dinner
- Toast your marshmallows by the fire-pit
- Enjoy the BBQ platter with local wine and beer
- Or sit back on your veranda and listen to the birds
- Pet friendly: pets are welcome (refer to pet policy).
- [email protected]: Celebrate your special occasion with family and friends in one place and have a genuine rural shearing shed as the party venue for your birthday, baptism or wedding. Hillview Farmstay can exclusively be hired for that special occasion.
We have continued to expand since we began in 2006, and are pleased to now offer 7 self-contained luxury accommodations ranging from cozy 1 bedroom cottage to 4-bedroom Lodge with the Glamping Safari Tent as our newest addition. We can comfortably sleep 33 adults with their own beds and upto 43 people including extra mattresses and sofa-beds. We invite you to explore our Cottages and Glamping Safari Tent to find exactly which one meets your needs.